Special Needs Part I← Back to programs
Duration: 10 weeks
Domestic Tuition: $595.00
International Tuition: $945.00
This course is designed to assist students gain the skills necessary to work with children who need extra support in a child care setting. The course examines the benefits of inclusion, describes the effects of a disability on children’s development and discusses strategies for teachers.
- To understand inclusion and its implications for families, children and staff in a child care setting.
- To become familiar with the major areas of disability that may effect young children.
- To develop an awareness of factors involved in identifying young children who need extra support.
- To become familiar with community resources and have knowledge of referral procedures.
- To develop strategies for expanding and enriching early childhood programs to benefit the experiences of all children.
Required Text Books
|The Exceptional Child: Inclusion in Early Childhood EducationBuy Now On Amazon|
|Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings: Children with Special Needs in Canada (2nd Edition)Buy Now On Amazon|