How do I apply for Student Loans?
Do you need a loan?
The basic ECE certificate program is $6845 for domestic students (if you do not do student loans you just need to pay 1 course at a time as you go - $595/course).
If you are applying for a student loan you will need to be a full time student in the Basic ECE certificate program. This means you complete in 41 weeks. Loans are not available for post-basic programs at this time.
Follow these steps to ensure your application goes smoothly:
1. Register as a student so we can confirm to student aid that you are enrolled in the program. If you do not wish to pay right away and wait for the loan you can just choose “certified cheque” as payment option. Payment is not due until you receive your loan.
2. Contact the Pacific Rim Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for a "Student Loan Timetable". Decide on a start date. Student aid will want you to set your start date at least 8 weeks in the future. Fill in the "Student Loan Timetable" and submit it to the administrator along with your contract (see step 3).
3. Complete our long term contract and send a copy to the Pacific Rim administrator via email or mail. Payment is not due until you receive your loan. The start date and end date on your contract should match the start date and end date on your "Student Loan Timetable"
4. Complete an online student loan application. Once student aid has all the necessary information, an email will be sent to the school to complete your appendix 3. Appendix 3's can only be completed once students have completed registration, submitted a signed long term contract and completed the online student loan application.
NOTE: Ensure you apply to Pacific Rim Early Childhood Institute Inc. NOT Pacific Rim College as your Appendix three will be declined if you send it to the wrong school.
Here is some information you will need to complete your program information when you apply online for a student loan:
1. Choose a start date that is at least 8 weeks before your intended start date
2. Program duration: 41 weeks @ 100% or 52 weeks @ 80%
3. Student Number: Your 5-digit "Student ID" issued by Pacific Rim
4. Program/Faculty: ECE Certificate
5. Major/Department: Basic
6. Students obtaining full time student loans must have a 100% or 80% course load and finish in 41 or 52 weeks.
If you are a 100% full time student, you should complete HSN and CGD in the first 10 weeks of their program; GD, FD, ECECI in the second 10 weeks of their program; ECECII, ECECIII and IC in the third 10 weeks of their program; and complete 3 full-time practicums in the final 11 weeks of the program. Please schedule this on your calendars in advance. This is a self-paced program and you are responsible for meeting the deadlines that will be generated from the start date you select.
If you are a 80% full time student, you should complete 2 academic courses every 10 weeks and complete the 11 weeks of Practicum at the end of the program.
7. Program type: Certificate
8. There are NO paid work co-op’s in the program
For your appendix three to be completed you must apply for your loan online, submit a long term contract, and submit a plan showing how you will complete the courses in the time frame you have chosen.
Pacific Rim processes Appendix 3's within days of receiving the completed loan package. The time frames upon which loans are assessed, approved and received are determined by the Student Loan office. Loans are negotiated directly between the student and the Student Loan office. Students are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of their loan status and for following up on any discrepancies. Pacific Rim will ensure that all institution required actions are carried out promptly. Students should notify the administrator detailing the required institution action if required, at email@example.com.