Provincial Certification for Northwest Territories

Certificate Issued By: None

Contact Info: None

Northwest Territories is not listed on the Federal Provincial Agreement on Internal Trade Certification Equivalencies from Province to Province and is thus more susceptible to provincial regulatory changes. Any potential students planning to practice in Northwest Territories should first check with the provinces current regulatory and training requirements prior to enrollment. Potential students should ensure that the province of Northwest Territories accepts training fromrecognized training institutions in British Columbia and confirm what level of training is required to meet your professional goals.

This information was last current as of February 1, 2013, according to the Canadian Guide to ECE Credentialing that was provided by the Child Care Human Resources Sector Council prior to their dissolution.

In Northwest Territories, current ECE licensing requirements do not require staff to hold post-secondary credentials in early childhood education or related study. The territorial government does not issue certificates to ECE's.

All training offered by Pacific Rim ECI would be supplemental.

For the most the current information, please visit the NWT Early Childhood Development website.

← Return to Certification Page