Frequently Asked Questions
Recognition and Designation
- Is Pacific Rim a designated institution?
- Which provinces recognize Pacific Rim?
- Are your programs approved in Ontario?
- Are you a Designated Learning Institution with CIC?
- How do I register?
- What prerequisites do I need to register?
- How much does it cost to register?
- When can I register?
- What type of English proficiency do I require?
- What if I don't have English 12?
- What format should my references letters be?
- Who should I have write my reference letters?
- Where do I apply for a criminal record check?
- How do I sign up for a course online?
- When may I enroll in courses?
- How many courses may I take at a time?
- How long does it take most students to finish the Basic ECE program?
- How much does it cost for a course extension?
- Do I get a Diploma or a Certificate?
- Can I do the SNE Certificate before the ITE?
- Do I have to take ITGD, WWF and CA twice?
- Do I set up my own practicum?
- May I do my practicums at work?
- May I do my practicums at a multiage facility?
- Do I need a criminal record check?
- How do I complete practicums internationally?
Textbooks & Resources
- What is a proctor?
- Who can be a proctor?
- Where can I write my exam?
- I work in a child care centre, may I take my exam at work?
Transfer Credit and Assessments
- Can I be granted credit for previously completed ECE courses?
- How do I apply for an academic assessment?
- How much does an assessment cost?
- What do you look for when you do an assessment?
- I have received credentials outside Canada. How do I have them assessed?
- Can I transfer my courses to another school?
- Is Distance Education Right for Me?
- Tips for Successful Online Learning
- What technology requirements do I require to do distance courses?
- How do I send payment?
- How does the program work if I am an international student?
- Will I be issued a Student ID Card?
- How do I get a certificate?
- How do I become an ECE Assistant (ECEA) in BC?
- Where do I apply for a certification in BC?