Can I take a course to become an ECEA?

Return to FAQ index

Yes, for ECE Assistant Certification in BC, the Early Childhood Educator Registry (ECE Registry) requires that applicants complete one of the following courses: Health, Safety and Nutrition or Child Growth and Development or Guiding and Caring. There is no practicum component to any of these three courses.

Upon completion of one of these three courses, students may order a transcript to show completion of the province's ECEA academic requirement and have it sent to the BC ECE Registry, along with their ECE Assistant Application.