Do I need a criminal record check?

Return to FAQ index

Yes. To work with children as a volunteer or employee you will need a completed criminal record check. A current criminal record check should be submitted to your practicum supervisor.

Students can request a criminal record check through the Ministry of Justice or their local RCMP. We require a CRC with a vulnerable sector check if the request is made through the RCMP.

If you have registered as a student already, you can log in to your student homepage to download a CRC consent/sharing form or criminal record check letter.

You can download a copy of the CRC consent/sharing form, complete it, and submit it to us to apply for a CRC through the Ministry of Justice. The completed consent form can be sent to You can download the criminal record check letter to apply for a CRC through your local RCMP.