How do I become an ECE Assistant (ECEA) in BC?

Return to FAQ index

For ECE Assistant Certification in BC, the Early Childhood Educator Registry (ECE Registry) requires that applicants complete one of the following courses: Health, Safety and Nutrition, Child Growth and Development, or Guiding and Caring.

Upon completion of one of these three courses, students may order a transcript to show completion of the province's ECEA academic requirement and have it sent to the BC ECE Registry, along with their ECE Assistant Application.