I have received credentials outside Canada. How do I have them assessed?

Return to FAQ index

Credential assessment is available to registered students with credentials from a recognized BC institution.

Courses taken from institutions outside BC should be assessed by the Ministry of Education and Child Care (BC ECE Registry) to determine out-of-province or country equivalence prior to applying for an academic assessment. Once the BC ECE Registry has issued a letter outlining which curriculum components your education is missing, you can apply for a formal academic assessment and submit the letter from the BC ECE Registry outlining missing curriculum components.

Where no equivalency is found, students are required to start from the beginning of the program.