Where do I apply for a criminal record check?

Return to FAQ index

If you already have a current Criminal Record Check that has been completed by the Ministry of Justice or RCMP (including clearance to work with the vulnerable sector) in the past 12 months, you may submit a copy of this during registration to meet the CRC prerequisite.

If you do not have a CRC when you apply as a student, there is a box you can check on your application to have the criminal record check instructions sent to your email.

If you are already a registered student with us, you can log in to your student homepage for our criminal record check instructions at https://www.earlychildhoodeducator.com/student/criminal_record_checks/.

We will need to verify your photo ID on file before we can submit your completed CRC consent/sharing form to the Ministry of Justice on your behalf.

If you are requesting your CRC from your local RCMP they may require a letter from our Institute that confirms that our organization is requesting a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check from you. Once you have registered as a student you can download a personalized criminal record check request letter from your student homepage.

IMPORTANT: If you are ordering a CRC from the Ministry of Justice, it will be sent directly to Pacific Rim. You need to complete the registration process before you order the CRC so your information is on file and the school can contact you when your CRC arrives in the mail.

All CRC's are required to have clearance stating you have no limitations for working with children.